The RTM (Remote Therapeutic Monitoring) Billing Dashboard aggregates information from the Keet platform that is required for billing RTM codes. The Dashboard offers convenient access to information that will support a provider’s ability to bill for the new RTM codes, including patient name, dates of service and whether specific time and engagement requirements have been met. Each code has different requirements for billing.
As with other codes that providers bill for, final billing decisions for RTM codes are ultimately up to the provider. The information in the dashboard provides integrity for the billing of the RTM codes, and gives confidence to bill the codes.
Use of RTM codes should be in compliance with payer guidelines. Providers seeking guidance on the use of RTM codes may contact CMS, their Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), relevant payers, and relevant state and national associations. This information does not constitute professional or legal advice on reimbursement and should be used at your sole liability and discretion.
Fields in the RTM Billing Dashboard
- Organization - The name of the organization for which data is being shown in the RTM Billing Dashboard
- Patient Name - The name of the patient receiving care. A patient may have more than one row in the dashboard, depending on the length of time the patient has been receiving care. Once a patient has received care for more than 30 days, a new row for that patient will appear.
- Birthdate - The patient's birthdate
- EMR ID - The patient's EMR ID
- Practitioner Name - The name of the practitioner providing care to the patient for the given Episode of Care
- 30 Day Interval - The number of 30 day intervals.
- 1 = the initial 30 day interval
- 2 = the next 30 day interval (days 31-60)
- 3 = days 61-90
- 4 = days 91-120
- Interval Start and End Date - The first date of the interval that row of data represents, and the last date.
- Days Completed - The number of days the patient has engaged with the Keet app during the interval indicated in the 30 Day Interval column
- 98975 - Shows whether or not the 16 out of 30 days engagement requirement has been met (note: additional requirement for this code includes: Provider provided education on how to use keet health app)
- 98977/76- Shows whether or not the 16 out of 30 days engagement requirement has been met
- Calendar Month - The month that the row of data represents (in regards to code 98980 and 98981)
- 98980 - Indicates whether the provider has spent at least 20 minutes providing remote therapeutic monitoring of this patient during the month indicated in Calendar Month (note: additional billing requirement for this code includes: at least one synchronous communication included in the 20 minutes)
- This data is aggregated from data submitted by the provider in the Internal Facing Questionnaire: RTM Time Count where the provider will enter their time in units of minutes
- 98981 - Indicates whether the provider has spent an additional 20 minutes of remote therapeutic monitoring of this patient during the month indicated in Calendar Month, beyond the initial 20 minutes represented by the 98980 column.
- Insurance Class - Shows what type of insurance this patient has. This information is pulled from the patient’s Episode of Care. Providers must ensure that the Insurance Type field in the patient’s Episode of Care is completed in order for the RTM Billing Dashboard to accurately display this information.
- Null (indicates that the Insurance Type field in the patient’s Episode of Care has been left blank)
- Exercise - Shows the number of Exercises the patient has completed during the 30 day interval represented in that row
- Education - Shows the number of pieces of Education the patient has reviewed during the 30 day interval represented in that row
- Questionnaires - Shows the number of Questionnaires the patient has completed during the 30 day interval represented in that row
Filter RTM Dashboard
Use the filters in the dashboard to show specific information. The available filters include Practitioner Name, Calendar Month, Payer Type, and Organization.