Edit an existing Care Plan by following the steps below.
1. Select Patients from the upper navigation bar
2. Search for the patient whose Episode of Care you'd like to add a Care Plan to
3. Click on the patient's name to open their profile
4. Locate the Care Plan that you would like to edit
To navigate between Episodes of Care, click on the down caret next to the title of the visible Episode of Care, then click on the title of the desired Episode of Care. To navigate between Care Plans, click on the down caret next to the title of the visible Care Plan, then click on the title of the desired Care Plan from the dropdown.
5. Click Edit to the right of the Care Plan title
6. This will open the Edit Care Plan window. Update any necessary information in the available fields.
Status: Use Active for the Care Plan currently being used
If the Status is set to anything other than Active the patient will not be able to view the Care Plan and associated Activities within their patient portal
Start Date: Date the patient starts their treatment
End Date: Date the patient is to end their care treatment
Provider: Provider monitoring the patient's progress or assigning Care Plan Activities
Location: Place of service where the patient is actively being seen
7. Click Save
You can add content to a Care Plan by clicking Add Activity. Learn more in Add Activities to a Care Plan.