In situations where you'd like to add a Care Plan to an Episode of Care, follow the steps below.
1. Select Patients from the upper navigation bar
2. Search for the patient whose Episode of Care you'd like to add a Care Plan to
3. Click on the patient's name to open their profile
4. Locate the Episode of Care you would like to add a Care Plan to. (To navigate between Episodes of Care within a patient's profile, click on the down caret next to the visible Episode of Care's title, and select the desired Episode of Care).
5a. Most Episodes of Care will have a Default Care Plan already created. In that situation, you could edit the existing Default Care Plan to fit your needs. See Edit a Care Plan for more information. If you'd like to add an additional Care Plan to an Episode of Care, click on the down caret next to the visible Care Plan and click Add Care Plan.
5b. Episodes of Care that have been created manually will not have a Default Care Plan. In this case, an Add Care Plan button will be visible, which you can click on.
6. This will open the Create Care Plan window. Complete the fields with the appropriate information.
7. Click Save
See Add Activities to a Care Plan to learn about assigning content to your patient.