If a patient user is having difficulty accessing their account, you can manually reset the password on their behalf. All roles and permissions have the ability to reset a password for a patient. Remember that after resetting a patient's password, you will need to contact the patient to let them know that the reset has taken place.
- Click Patients in the upper navigation bar
- Find the patient from the patient list and click their name to open their chart
- Next to the patient's name click on the status icon and select View Details
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Edit Password to open the password section
Passwords need to be at least 8 characters long. They must contain upper, lower, and numeric characters. Special characters are allowed. A password is valid for 90 days, and users may not reuse any of the previous 6 passwords.
5. Enter the patient's New Password, then type it again in the Confirm New Password field
6. Click Save
7. Reach out to the patient to let them know you have reset their password
When the patient uses the updated password to login to their account they will be prompted to update this to a password of their choice.