If you have an established integration or connection to Keet from your Clinicient EMR, this article will outline the integration details and how your patients and data are auto-populated in Keet. Click the links listed below to jump to a section:
If any data is not set up correctly, the integration connection will not work properly.
- Enabling integration will be done by Keet's Implementation Team within the Admin Settings: Status > Edit Organization info. Be sure to review the external ID for the organization and confirm that it is correct or in place.
- To review your ID in Clinicient: Go to Settings > Company & Clinic Info
- Select Change Log at the bottom
- Select Display Initial Entry Values check box
- The first value field will be Tenant ID
3. Keet will need to know your clinic's Initial Evaluation Appointment types to map your patient's first appointment in the database. This is important in creating your patient through the integration.
The Implementation team will collect this information within Clincient and confirm these IE types are correct. If your clinic adds any new Initial Evaluation types, please contact Keet Support to ensure your integration is mapped correctly. firstname.lastname@example.org
- To review your Initial Evaluation Types in Clincient. Go To > Settings > Clinical Settings
The EMR identifiers or External IDs must be present for each location of the integration to identify your patient and practitioner's place of service. To review, navigate to Locations in the Admin Settings Menu >Location> Action> Edit > EMR Identifiers. If you need to edit, Save it before closing.
This will need to be done per location.
- This Location ID Identifier is called the Clinic ID in Clinicient. To review the Clinic's Location ID Go to > Settings > Company & Clinic Info
- Select the Clinics tab
- Select the Display Initial Entry Values check box at the bottom
- The Clinic ID/Location ID is the first value field. You will click through each clinic location in the left menu to ensure your location IDs are correct in Keet.
Practitioners who treat patients will need to have their practitioner's External ID listed in Keet from the Clinicient EMR. Within the practitioner profile, the EMR ID is at the bottom of the Edit Profile menu.
- To review your practitioners External ID within Clincient Go To > Edit > Staff
- Select Browse to pull your staff list
- Scroll to the last column on the right under ID
The Clinicient ID# found in on the Client Editor is the External ID# that will be used in Keet
Once properly configured, the following items will be expected to create through the integration.
Creation of a new patient
A new patient will be created each time there is a successful transmission of the following information to Keet:
Complete patient identification from EMR including patient name, birth date, email, case information, location of services, and Initial Evaluation appointment type
Practitioner's external or EMR ID that matches an existing external EMR ID in Keet
- A practitioner must be assigned to the patient's Initial Evaluation Visit at the time of scheduling for the providers information to link to the Episode of Care and Care Plan
Location external ID matches an existing external Location ID in Keet
Initial Evaluation Appointment type is the same as the one configured within Keet
Creation of an Episode of Care
When a patient is created in the EMR, the patient will be created in Keet with TWO Episodes of Care. One is a "Default Episode of Care" and is required for the patient to be created. A Default Episode of Care is created upon patient creation; either manual or through integration. The integration cannot override the Default Episode of Care so this will remain on the patient's profile.
The second EOC will represent the patient's CASE from the EMR. This “Case” Episode of Care will always be the first case seen when a practitioner clicks on the patient profile. The Episode of Care name will match that of the Case name in Clinicient.
Patient Assignment and Supervising Provider
Upon the successful creation of a patient, we will always have a successful practitioner external ID match in Keet. Keet will be able to assign that patient’s new Episode of Care to the treating therapist of the initial evaluation. This will be seen by navigating to the patient in Keet → EOC → Supervising Provider.
Updates to patients and supervising practitioners
There will be no subsequent updates to the Supervising Provider once it has been assigned from the Treating Therapist for the Initial Evaluation appointment in Clinicient. The assumption here is that typically the therapist completing the Initial Eval with the patient is the Supervising Therapist of the case.
Creation of Practitioners via Integration
We currently are not auto-creating practitioners through the integration who do not already exist in Keet. A therapist must have the accurate External ID associated with them in Keet in order to have patients and Episodes of Care assigned to them. If you have a new care team member, please create their profile in Keet assigning them their External ID to ensure the patient is created properly.
New Episodes of Care
In the instance where a patient comes in for a subsequent case, this Episode of Care will be created automatically with the proper assignment of the supervising practitioner. This case name will match the Case name in Clinicient.
Case ID or Episode of Care ID
Each integrated case will have its own unique Case ID. This will further inform the patient's case for MIPS reporting. This ID will be located in the Episode of Care.
- To review the Episode ID in Keet. Go to Patient > Select Edit on the Episode of Care > Identifier will match your Problem ID in Clincient
- To review the patient's Problem ID in Clincient Go to > Edit > Clients
- Go to Change Log F9 and check box Display Initial Entry Values
- The Client Editor will populate and find Problem ID
Patient Creation Issues
Integration message transmission may fail for various reasons. The elements below can contribute to integration message failures:
- Missing Patient information
Location and its external ID do not exist in Keet
Practitioner and their external ID do not exist in Keet
No episode of care for appointment messages
See Near Real-Time Integration Required Data Chart below for a full list of required data.
Integration is handled via the Clinicient database ID and the organization is matched with the corresponding identifiers. Any locations setup under that Organization (that is already) live will begin processing messages from Clinicient to Keet. Typical transmission of data messages to Keet will occur within 15-30mins if all factors are present.
Near real-time patient and scheduling integrations are established to create patients, trigger workflows, and reports based on supplemental data from Keet Health and the source EHR. We currently support HL7 2.5.x and greater.
|Account ID||Unique ID for the account (org level i.e. who would be associated with tin)||x||12341234|
|Account Name||Name of the account||Startup Therapy|
|Location ID||Unique id for the location|
|Location Name||Name of the location|
|Patient Name||Patient name||x||John Smith|
|Patient ID||Unique patient ID (xml feed)||x||123452314|
|Patient DOB||Patients date of birth||x||07/01/97|
|Patient Gender||Patients gender||x||male, female, other|
|Patient Email||Patient email||x|
|Appointment ID||Unique Appointment ID||x||12344325|
|Clinic ID||Unique Location or Clinic ID||x||34|
|Appointment Category||EHR Standard Appointment category that is not customizable by the clinic i.e. Initial Evaluation (note types don't change)||IE|
|Appointment Type||Appointment Types that can be customized by the clinic||x||Initial Evaluation|
|Appointment Start Date Time||Appointment start date||x||12/22/2019|
|Initial Eval Date||date of the initial evaluation|
|Case ID||Unique case id||x||Required for MIPS submission|
|Case Description||Indicates what the case is related to, preferably the description of the case but the primary diagnosis description will work. This indicated what the case is related to||x||Left Knee|
|Appointment Status||Appointment status i.e. Arrived, Scheduled, Canceled||x||Scheduled, Arrived, Canceled|
|Case Status||Case status i.e. Active, Inactive||Active, Inactive|
|Total Visits||Number of appointments|
|Treating Therapist ID||Unique treating therapist ID||1235123|
|Treating Therapist Name||Treating therapist name||Jane Doe|
|Treating Therapist NPI||Treating therapist NPI||65436566|
|Supervising Therapist ID||Unique supervising therapist ID||x||634565|
|Supervising Therapist Name||Supervising therapist name||Elizabeth Jansen|
|Supervising Therapist NPI||Supervising therapist NPI||456345634|